Helpful Hints after Wallaby Pest Control has carried out a Flea Treatment at your property
Save $101.00 on combined Flea Treatment and Carpet Cleaning Packages
Treat your pet in conjunction with the flea treatment. You will get better results if all flea treatments (property and animal) are done around the same time.
Do not leave flea infested areas undisturbed, movement hatches fleas. Walk around the property in white socks, tucked your pant legs into your socks. You will see the baby fleas as they hatch, they will be affected by the treatment residue.
If you remove the pet, flea problems may appear to be worse, as you become the only potential host. No food source equal hungry fleas.
Entering vacant houses will stimulate any fleas waiting to hatch. This is especially a problem with vacant rentals and holiday houses.
If you are having a flea treatment before you go on holidays, or if a rental property has had an exit flea treatment, get someone to visit the property and stamp through the house/yard several times while you are away, especially on the day of your return. The fleas will hatch and die on the treated surfaces before you return, or before a new tenant moves in.
Do not vacuum or mop for at least fourteen (14)days after treatment.
If you are cleaning the carpets these should be carried out before a flea treatment is carried out, not after . . . We offer fantastic Flea and Carpet Cleaning Specials. Call our office for more information (07) 5554 6630
Please be patient. Even if everything has been done correctly, you will still see newly hatched fleas, usually for several weeks. These will die in the chemical residue in your carpet/flooring. If you are still experiencing live fleas after fourteen (14) days give us a call and we will attend a service call under warranty.
June Special! Save $101.00 on combined Flea Treatment and Carpet Cleaning Packages
Call our friendly Team for more information (07) 5554 6630
http://www.wallabypestcontrol.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/does-my-dog-have-fleas-symptoms-and-signs-of-fleas-on-dogs.jpg305500Paula Doohttp://www.wallabypestcontrol.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/orignal-logo.jpgPaula Doo2017-06-01 07:00:282017-06-06 07:02:50Moving house? Fleas in your home?
One of the effects from storms and flooding is the increasing number of pesky critters looking for shelter. As their homes and habitats have been destroyed, they seek shelter from the elements, sometimes by way of our homes!
Here’s a few handy DIY tips for around the home, to help with eliminating pests after such extreme weather conditions.
1. Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your home, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
2. Remove any fallen tree branches and/or shrubbery away from your home.
3. Store waste in tight fitting containers, out of windy areas.
4. Store pet food in sealed containers or resealable bags.
5. Inspect your drains to ensure they have not become blocked or covered debris.
6. Sweep away any standing water, in your yard or outdoor areas.
7. Also, if your kids were home all day yesterday – make sure there’s no biccies stuffed underneath
the couch/bed/coffee table (the list can go on . . . . 😊)
Dealing with moisture & leaks
Insects love moisture!
1. Make sure that high moisture areas are well ventilated to prevent the build-up of moisture.
2. Use heat and good ventilation to speed up the drying out process.
3. Other water damage to your home may have been caused by leaks in cracked and broken pipes. It is recommended that these are repaired immediately.
The bigger pests
When flooding and heavy rain occur, the rising waters force small, wild animals such as rodents, possums and snakes (did anyone see the Shark that was washed up!) to seek higher ground in order to survive. Unfortunately, this can often mean that they find their way into your homes and into your living areas which is both an inconvenience and a potential danger!
1. Spend some time looking for any structural damage (if you’ve experienced high winds). If you locate any breakages, fix them immediately or cover these points of entry using any suitable materials until such a time that they can be repaired.
2. Don’t forget to check your roof for any holes that may have been created by the strong winds and if you find any, arrange for them to be fixed as soon as possible.
3. If you have any broken windows, I have found that using a plastic packet (that has been opened up to cover a large surface area) can keep both pests and the wind out when attached securely.
4. If you find any small holes, using a foam sealant works well and is very affordable. Sealing up any small holes will ensure that you are safe from the smaller pests such as rodents and snakes that can squeeze through very small areas to find shelter and safety from harsh weather.
Feel free to contact our friendly Team if you are experiencing any pest problems (07) 5554 6630
http://www.wallabypestcontrol.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/pest-control2.jpg559650Paula Doohttp://www.wallabypestcontrol.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/orignal-logo.jpgPaula Doo2017-03-31 12:32:182017-06-06 06:43:48Wallaby's DIY tips to help avoid pests seeking shelter in the comfort of your home
If you put a piece of your carpet under a microscope, you may be shocked at what you see. One square meter or carpet can be home to thousands of different types of organisms, including insects.
Some of the things that may be living in your carpet without even realising include:
Fleas (including larvae and eggs)
Pollen and spores
The main difference between simply vacuuming your carpet as opposed to having your carpet professionaly cleaned, is that vaccumming simple sucks out the dirt and grit from top of the carpet weave, thus leaving most of the nasties mentioned above behind.
Having your carpet professionally cleaned, particularly by the steam extraction method as used by Wallaby Pest Control and Carpet Cleaning not only removes dirt from the top layer of the carpet but actually extracts all bacteria, mould and organisms from the base of carpet. Through using the steam extraction your carpet is being cleaned thoroughly but not damaged through the use of harmful chemicals.
If you would like more information on our carpet cleaning services available to domestic and commercial clientele across Gold Coast, South Brisbane and Northern New South Wales, contact our head office today.
http://www.wallabypestcontrol.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/carpet-news.jpg400650adminhttp://www.wallabypestcontrol.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/orignal-logo.jpgadmin2016-10-20 14:07:302016-10-26 05:30:12Vacuuming vs Carpet Cleaning
At Wallaby Pest Control & Carpet Cleaning we strive to be the best in providing our new and existing clients with a quality service, including the information we provide online.
Established in 2007, we have seen a lot of changes in the pest control and carpet cleaning industries as well as changes in the requirements of our clientele, including a need for more information.
We are excited to launch to our new website complete with more comprehensive descriptions of our services and a more user-friendly layout.
Our family owned business looks forward to continuing to provide excellent service to our clients including becoming a reliable information source for all things pest control and carpet cleaning.
http://www.wallabypestcontrol.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/new-site.jpg400650adminhttp://www.wallabypestcontrol.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/orignal-logo.jpgadmin2016-10-20 14:06:342016-10-26 05:30:18Welcome to our New Website!